Thursday, February 26, 2015

Applications

Hello World,

      It has been some time since I have posted an address on this site. In some part that reason was because I was thinking about how I might add or re-purpose it. The biggest reason was that I had spent a lot of my time finishing my up undergraduate studies, and since December, taking a breather after seven years of working full time and attending classes full time. =Whew=

     Now back to the re-purposing of this blog. So far I have posted information about the history of science and I have a post coming up shortly about the scientific method. For those of you that get turn on by philosophy I might have a post down the road on how the scientific method fits into the overall fabric of philosophy, hint hint it was called natural philosophy for the longest time. 

      Recently I have started buying components to assembly my own laboratory. As I was looking up information on the subject I found that there is surprisingly little information for building an honest to God generic personal lab. There is plenty of stuff on woodworking shops and other traditional workshops but when one of your first hits is "How to build a secret lab in 4 steps" I knew that, potentially, a big crowd here is being over looked.

     My educational background is in physics and mechanical engineering from one of the top schools in the U.S.A. I have had a hand in everything from building experimental solar cells to analyzing fusion reactor data. I've even tried some chemistry and biology here and there. One of the reasons I want to start my own lab is to maintain the skills I have and to hone new ones. My experiments will be in a variety of different fields and I thought that posting the results to this page would be a good idea.

     So, part of this blog will now include updates to my lab. When I get a new piece of equipment I can send pictures of it along with what it is useful. New projects and progress on current projects will be posted along with information on starting and running your own lab.
      


 

No comments:

Post a Comment