Friday, June 7, 2013

ME 2110: Mechanical Engineering Bootcamp

This Summer I am investing my time in additional classes. What kind of class sounds so fun that sun and sun wait idle? The answer is ME2110. It is such simple name that one might not think twice after reading it. The same logic could be applied to H1N1 as well. ME2110 is the introduction to mechanical engineering and design. It is a twelve week program chalk full of engineering exercise. Here the students are taught methods and tools for conceptualizing and designing mechanical products. The epic climaxes with a competition between teams of students. They pit their custom designed robot against the odds and against each other. Below is a video created by the ME department and published on YouTube. This class demands much from its students, but truly rewards them with knowledge, experience, and lots of fun times.




 As of now there are eight weeks left in the program. In two weeks I must present to my class and  my instructors an autonomous machine. This machine must traverse a short distance and knock a pair of plastic bowling pins out of a designated zone. A new machine with a new function must be designed and built for every following week until the competition. I'm going to start taking my coffee intravenously now.

No comments:

Post a Comment